GRENADA TAEKWON-DO ASSOCIATON CONSTITUTION
A non-profit sports organization adopted this day April 01, 2004 as the national association for the Pan-American country, Grenada, West Indies.
1.0. Name of the Organization
The Name herein registered as a non-profit organization is Grenada Taekwon-do Association (GTA) and has been reinstated by a new administration. The organization is the legal body registered with the Grenada Olympic Committee (GOC) since 2003 and will be the new national association with the World Taekwon-do Federation (WTF). The organization abides by the rules and regulations of the World Taekwon-do Federation (WTF) and will adopt any amendments accordingly.
2.0 Mission Statement
The organisation is devoted to providing a world class service to instructors and athletes of Taekwon-do and towards the development of Taekwon-do in our country. We are dedicated to nurturing and developing excellent athletes to represent Grenada as Sporting Ambassadors at international level and promoting team spirit and discipline.
3.0 Vision Statement
The development of a fully equipped Olympic Taekwon-do venue for Grenada, the hosting of world class training seminars and tournaments with all Taekwon-do schools being registered and outfitted with quality equipment taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
3.0 Organization Structure
The guiding principles of the organization shall be governed by a Board elected every 4 years comprising a President, Vice President, Secretary General, Treasurer in accordance to WTF rules and regulations, and shall also include a Chair and Public Relations Officer. The board would also select committees to support the development of the organization including international representatives. The board will be responsible for monitoring the activities of the Taekwon-do Instructors and Senior Students at the registered schools. The board will manage the administration of the organization including all legal and financial matters. The President would be the main liaison with the international body and the Vice President with the National Body. However both may intervene in the absence of the other.
4.0 Aims and objectives of the Organization
- To raise the profile and increase awareness of Taekwon-do in Grenada through promotions and media coverage.
- To increase membership of Taekwon-do organisations and athletes.
- To establish national teams for Grenada over the next 10 years to participate in Olympics and World Championships.
- To contribute to the physical, mental and spiritual development of all our athletes of Taekwon-do in Grenada over the next 10 years.
- To build and transform communities through the art of Taekwon-do through events and activities such as the Summer Training Camp.
- To develop relationships with schools and other organizations to build the capacity of Sports in Grenada.
- To support the anti-doping laws and abide by its principles in carrying out and developing Taekwon-do and ensure that each athlete and member is made aware of our zero tolerance policy.
- To provide a professional service and promote a high quality sport that is essential to the development of youths and adults in Grenada through the development of schools.
- To contribute towards excellence in Sports Tourism by hosting regional seminars and tournaments.
- To work with the Ministry of Sports, and the Grenada Olympic Committee to continue to build awareness of the art in Grenada.
- To utilize and promote our National Stadium for hosting events in the future.
- To produce high quality competitions nationally and regionally..
- To contribute towards a disciplined society and provide opportunities for the communities.
- To develop a sustainable long-term strategic plan for Taekwon-do in Grenada.
- To maintain quality relationships with the World Taekwon-do Federation, Pan-American Taekwon-do Union, Caribbean Taekwon-do Federation and the Grenada Olympic Committee, and other national, regional and international bodies.
- To support the development of overseas athletes representing Grenada.